Hesam Khoshgovari is an attorney-at-law and member of the Iranian Central Bar Association. He has experience in working with international law firms, including CMS-CMNO law firm (Tehran office) and Shayan law firm for four years. He has experience in advising on contentious and non-contentious matters in Iran with a focus on commercial and banking transactions, including distribution agreements, agency agreements, sales and purchase of goods, local licensing requirements and compliance issues.
Hesam specializes in corporate and commercial matters including FDI, corporate registration and M&A. Hesam has also been involved in advising several multinational corporations looking to enter the Iranian market on corporate structures, roles and responsibilities of directors and managers, as well as labor and employment issues in Iran.
University of Allameh Tabatabaei Faculty of Law, LL.M in International Trade Law, 2013
University of Shahid Beheshti Faculty of Law, B.L. in Law, 2010
ADMITTED TO THE BARS
Iran Central Bar Association, 2012
Persian | English
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS
- Establishing representative offices and legal entities in Iran for major companies in telecommunications, construction and energy sectors;
- Assisting in setting-up a compliance structure for companies in the oil and gas, mining and construction sectors;
- Reviewing contracts such as Distribution, Joint venture, Sale of goods, Agency and Franchise;
- Defending a German company in litigation with an Iranian company regarding the violation of a Distribution Agreement;
- Defending an Iranian company in litigation with a Turkish company regarding the violation of an Agency Agreement;
- Instituting civil cases on behalf of a German company against an Iranian private oil company regarding the violation of contractual obligations in an International Sale Contract;
- Instituting several civil cases on behalf of Eghnesad Novin Leasing Company against their clients regarding non-performance of obligations;
- Defending several cases in favor of companies against Saderat and Mellat banks regarding LC matters;
- Defending a UAE company in litigation with an Iranian company regarding the non-conformity of delivered goods with the issued invoice and LC;
- Representing a dairy products company regarding trade mark dispute;
- Defending an agricultural products company in litigation with a Turkish company regarding a trade mark dispute;
- Instituting several civil cases on behalf of various companies regarding disputes over commercial instruments;
- Representing clients in Iranian courts in several criminal cases such as fraud, theft.